Topic: Experiment 1.0: Test Subject [D&L Entry]

Directory Link

Experiment 1.0: Test Subject  [D&L Entry]

Link 1

This is my Entry for the Darkness and Light competition. 
I think it came out okay in the end, although there are still a few things I would have liked to change. 
Hopefully you enjoy it, or at least some part of it.  Feedback, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

Re: Experiment 1.0: Test Subject [D&L Entry]

Well animated, and what a dark, original story. Well done! mini/smile

Thank you for your kind words! mini/smile  I really enjoyed your entry as well, it had almost a calming effect and quite unique in the way you approached the theme.

YouTube

Glad you enjoyed it. I think that having that one piece of music through the whole film helped complete it.

I liked it a lot, the atmosphere and lighting were very good, the story was also interesting, but the way it was done was a bit messy in my opinion. Not every film has to have a beginning, a middle and an end, I know, and I also know about experimental filmmaking, but I think this film would've been better off with a classical story-structure.

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

Arginnon wrote:

I liked it a lot, the atmosphere and lighting were very good, the story was also interesting,

Thanks, I did focus a lot more than usual on the lighting setup on this particular film and the story was changed multiple times, but I'm glad you liked it.

Arginnon wrote:

but the way it was done was a bit messy in my opinion. Not every film has to have a beginning, a middle and an end, I know, and I also know about experimental filmmaking, but I think this film would've been better off with a classical story-structure.

To be honest, I also thought it was a bit of a mess, but I finished animating about an hour before the deadline.  As I said before, the story and script were changed several times and certain scenes had to be cut from the film, and I think it could have been better if they had been included. 
Overall though I certainly had some doubts after finishing it, but in the end I can't say that I wasn't pleased to have done it.

Thanks again for your kind words and feedback.  mini/smile

YouTube

I thought this had a lot of neat elements, and I know the protagonist's disorientation is part of what you're trying to convey with it. However, I don't think it fits together in an adequately coherent way. The time jumps ("3 months") were a little bewildering, in particular. Still, it was a nice effort and I appreciate that you tried to do something a little different. I think with a little more time put into the scripting and structure of your story you could make some really interesting films in the future!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I thought this had a lot of neat elements, and I know the protagonist's disorientation is part of what you're trying to convey with it. However, I don't think it fits together in an adequately coherent way. The time jumps ("3 months") were a little bewildering, in particular. Still, it was a nice effort and I appreciate that you tried to do something a little different. I think with a little more time put into the scripting and structure of your story you could make some really interesting films in the future!

Thankyou for your comments!  Yep, this pretty much sums up my feelings towards the film, especially with regards to the script and structure.  In the end, I felt I rushed too much and tried too many things for the time I had. 

Thanks again! mini/smile

YouTube

I liked the animation but, I didn't really understand the story. Could you give me a brief synopsis? mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

SPOILERS

We see the protagonist chase a man and shoot him.  He wants to identify his wife's killer.  It turns out that the hired killer was part of the organisation which the protagonist had left.  He had done so just when they were about to complete their project, prompting the Head of department to seek revenge.
After finding the truth, our protagonist confronts him, but is instead beaten up and taken as a test subject for Experiment 1.0 (part of the project they were working on).
He then awakes in an empty room, where there is revealed to be a ringing phone.  Awakened suddenly, he gets out of bed and in the Kitchen hears the news on the radio.  He has flashback to a murder he has no idea ever committing.

Skip to 3 months later we see he has done some investigating.  Briefly we see that he has video taped himself waking up in the middle of the night.  He manages not to answer the phone in his dream but is punished and wakes up sweating.  His real phone rings some time later and he answers to find the voice from his dream and he blacks out.  Waking up, he is again face to face with his Head of department, although he should not remember this.  He also has flashbacks to the experiments done on him.  Remembering his past and being able to fight the mind control means the experiment has failed.  This leads to his termination.

- I know the final video was confusing to say the least and left many unanswered questions, but I think it was a fun experience and I certainly hope to learn a lot from it.

YouTube

Ah. Cool. I'll watch it again. mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.